• Item: Dynaco St-410  
  • Type: St-410  
  • Posted: 21 January 2011  
  • Builder: anatta  
  • Country: United States  
  • Comments: 1  

Dyna 410 Case Mod

When I purchased this amp It worked fine (still all original internals) But the beastly case had to go, along with the broken power button and original cord.
Being a roofer... I took the case to my metal guy and told him I wanted it in aluminum. I added some Alu' frame mounted handles to it and realized it had too much flex because of the lack of a top frame and the lighter Alu' case. I cut down some rack mounts I had around and bolted one to each side and re-assembled the case. I left stock steel base and large rubber feet.
In retrospect I would have done a few things different like bent the side, front lips into the face piece to avoid the "ears" I had to cut into the case for the side handles. Also after I installed the new power switch and over-heat neon lite I repaired my orig switch better then new. I guess when this one goes from me turning it on with my toe I'll revert to the orig switch again.


  • Puzzleman
  • 20 January 2014 at 07:48PM
  • Great job on the 410. I have a heavily modified 410 myself. Because it had a habit of burning out the expensive power switches, one mod I added was a simple soft start circuit using a 555 timer, a hi-watt resistor and a beefy relay--twenty plus years later still no switch problems! I drool over the metalwork you had done. I'm stuck with that ugly black case! BTW, my friend borrowed my 410 to compare with his expensive McIntosh power amp. He thought it sounded just as good or better than the Mac.

Leave a Comment